Wednesday, September 27, 2017

How to make Pap/Ogi/Akamu - Hot Corn cereal.

The other day I had a craving for one of my favorite meal and couldn't find it to buy anywhere in Ottawa. So I decided to make it from scratch....Yes!
I went to the African grocery store and bought dry corn.
I brought them home, washed and soaked for three days and then blended it into a fine smooth paste.
I went to fabric-land and bought 2 meter white chiffon fabric to sieve the paste. Sieving takes out the starchy part of the corn and removes the chaff.
It took me hours......but I was determined.
I let the starch and water settle for some hours and the end result?
Amazing, creamy, soft pap!!!!
I was very happy, it took me days to finally eat what I was craving, but boyyyyy was it worth it.
See Pictures below...
Enjoy!


Corn after soaking for three days.

The Blender.....Amazingly powerful....I recommend it...Check Amazon "Livingwell by Montell"

After Blending...Very smooth, no seed...

Smooth....

My sieve tied over a big bowl...


This was the hardest part....I used lots of water and lots and lots of patience...

The chaff....

Finished product....Craving satisfied.



Pap/Ogi/Akamu and akara.


No comments: